Assistant / Day to Day Manager (Los Angeles)
August 23, 2021
Looking for an experienced assistant to report to a manager for an established music roster.
- Must have experience working with high profile artists. Minimum 2+ years in a similar role.
- Must have sound knowledge of the alternative music scene and experience working with labels on music releases and coordinating & advancing tours/shows.
- This role requires exceptional attention to detail, excellent organizational and analytical skills, and most importantly, the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Seeking someone who is always ”one step ahead” and can handle a full slate of projects and maintain organization at all times.
Qualified candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills
- You will be exposed to A-list talent and high profile clients, so professionalism is a must
- Must be punctual, proactive, reliable, detail-oriented, organized, self-motivated, and resourceful
- Able to keep track of many ongoing projects with strong attention to detail and excellent follow through
- Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks with strict deadlines
Responsibilities / job functions:
- Assisting with planning and implantation of artist music campaigns, including global release schedules, promo, social media plans, press, marketing and touring.
- International calendar management across multiple time zones, including promo schedules, travel bookings, sorting visas, accommodations, and itineraries.
- Act as key point of contact for all third parties, filtering information as needed to the artist manager and often acting as a central point for third parties to communicate/exchange information: record labels/publishers/agents/lawyers/business managers etc.
- Efficient daily communication and information flow with artist ensuring confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Coordinating manager and artists daily diary
- Schedule calls, meetings, and conference calls between multiple parties in different time zones
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Familiarity with social media usage, Instagram, twitter, Facebook, Soundcloud, etc
- Strong proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, and Google docs/spreadsheets
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational, and interpersonal communication skills are essential
- Must be willing to travel