Marketing Coordinator (Charlottesville, VA)
May 4, 2023
Starr Hill Presents/Red Light Management is seeking an experienced marketing professional to report to the Director of Marketing in its Charlottesville, VA office.
This full-time role will be part of a small, dynamic team promoting concerts across three premiere venues in Charlottesville – the Ting Pavilion, Jefferson Theater and Southern Café and Music Hall. Some duties of this position include graphic design, digital marketing and social media, website maintenance, compiling and distributing data and reports, volunteer coordination, market research, managing ticket lists and other administrative duties.
Seeking someone with excellent organizational and analytical skills, ability to multitask and maintain multiple timelines. Ideal candidate will be willing to learn, be proactive, is detail oriented and is ready to bring their creativity to the table. Live entertainment experience preferred but not required. Positive and outgoing attitude a must.
- 2+ years of hands-on digital marketing experience preferred
- Experience managing social media channels
- Strong graphic design skills. Knowledge of Adobe CS (Photoshop + InDesign) required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills as well as good judgment
- Proficiency in Word, Excel/Google Sheets, Dropbox, Google Drive
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management a plus but not required
- Experience with independent project execution
- BA/BS degree strongly preferred
- Must be able to work from the Charlottesville, VA office. This is not a remote position.
- Passion for live music
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Manage weekly newsletter eblasts and database maintenance in collaboration with the Marketing Director and Box Office Manager.
- Maintain a weekly social media calendar and schedule posts across all three venues to ensure that fresh and creative media content is shared on a regular basis.
- Graphic design and maintenance of web content, posters, venue signage (digital and print) and other collateral as needed.
- Manage print orders and schedule pickups/drop offs for distribution.
- Assist with social media advertising for Jefferson and Southern shows.
- Maintenance of venue websites as needed.
- Assist Director with invoicing and compiling backup for show settlements, as needed.
- Organize and maintain archives of images, copy and reports.
- Ensure that the weekly on sale calendar is up to date along with all ticket links
- Process ticket requests and manage comp lists for will call.
- Coordinate volunteer staff and street team for Pavilion events and other select shows.
- Work with Marketing Director to manage intern workflow.
- Overall support for marketing department.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter