Jobs & Internships
RLM offers a progressive work environment and opportunities to be part of an industry-leading team. We post job postings here from time to time or send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seattle // Day-To-Day Artist Manager
This position is a day-to-day / project management position in Red Light’s Seattle office, working directly supporting Red Light artist managers with their clients in all areas of artist management, including recorded music, touring, publicity, merchandise, publishing and more. The position requires a passion for music, a big picture understanding of the ever-changing landscape of the music and entertainment industries, a creative approach to problem solving, and astute attention to detail.
- 3+ years working for a full time position utilizing the skills referenced above. Experience working in artist management is not required, but general music/entertainment business experience is highly preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- A track record of supporting multiple projects simultaneously on tight timelines
- Personal initiative, and a proactive, problem-solving mindset.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and calm demeanor in a fast paced environment.
- The ability to conceive and execute innovative ideas
- Proficient Mac skills, including word processing, spreadsheet, and basic presentation software as well as Google Tools (Docs, Calendar, Analytics) and social media networks. Bonus points for graphic design, web design, and video editing.
- Willingness to travel (typically no more than 2-3 days/month on average) and work outside of normal business hours, including nights and weekends as needed.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Standard benefits include medical, dental, 401k.
Artists managed out of the Seatle office include The Decemberists, Tune-Yards, Brandi Carlile, Neko Case, Calexico, Grace Potter, Ruth B, Blind Pilot, The Lone Bellow, Nickel Creek, and Punch Brothers, among others.
Please email a one-page resume, one page of references, and a one-page cover letter elaborating on your interest in this position and your salary requirements to email@example.com with subject “RLM Seattle 2016 Position”.
Internships Available in Charlottesville, New York, Atlanta, Nashville, Los Angeles and London
Red Light Management’s Internship Program is open to qualified and dedicated individuals in Charlottesville, New York City, Nashville, Los Angeles, Atlanta and London.
Applicants should have an interest in learning more about the music industry through the hands on experience of working in our management offices. This internship offers learning opportunities in the areas of management, tour marketing, publicity, radio and web promotion, graphic and web design, merchandising and tour promotion.
All internships are unpaid and weekly hours are flexible. Experience with Office / Google Docs is a must and some and graphic design knowledge is preferred. Specifically, we are looking for dedicated, hard working, high energy individuals, not afraid to take initiative.