Jobs & Internships
RLM offers a progressive work environment and opportunities to be part of an industry-leading team. We post job postings here from time to time or send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spring 2018 Internships in Charlottesville, New York, Nashville, Atlanta, Los Angeles and London
Red Light Management’s Internship Program is open to qualified and dedicated individuals in Charlottesville, New York City, Nashville, Los Angeles, Atlanta and London.
Applicants should have an interest in learning more about the music industry through the hands on experience of working in our management offices. This internship offers learning opportunities in the areas of management, tour marketing, publicity, radio and web promotion, graphic and web design, merchandising and tour promotion.
This internship is for current undergrad students. If you need class credit we’re happy to work with you, but it is not required. Internships are unpaid and weekly hours are flexible.
Experience with Office / Google Docs is a must and some and graphic design knowledge is preferred. Specifically, we are looking for dedicated, hard working, high energy individuals, not afraid to take initiative.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
Please do not email your resume/cover letter as it will not be considered.
Portland, OR // Day-To-Day Manager
This day-to-day management position consists of working directly supporting a Red Light artist manager in all areas of artist management, including recorded music, touring, publicity, merchandise, publishing and more. The position requires a passion for music, a big picture understanding of the ever-changing landscape of the music and entertainment industries, a creative approach to problem solving, and astute attention to detail.
- 2-3+ years working for a full time position utilizing the skills referenced above. Experience working in artist management is not required, but general music/entertainment business experience is highly preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- A track record of supporting multiple projects simultaneously on tight timelines.
- Personal initiative, and a proactive, problem-solving mindset.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and calm demeanor in a fast paced environment.
- The ability to conceive and execute innovative ideas.
- Proficient Mac skills, including word processing, spreadsheet, and basic presentation software as well as Google Tools (Docs, Calendar, Analytics) and social media networks. Bonus points for graphic design, web design, and video editing.
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours, including nights and weekends as needed.
Charlottesville // Assistant
This position will consist of answering phones, booking travel, filing expenses, processing paperwork and other administrative duties. Applicant must be organized and able to multitask and maintain multiple calendars. Ideal candidate will be proactive, detail oriented and have a positive and outgoing attitude. Music industry experience preferred but not required.
Los Angeles // Assistant
The position will consist of scheduling meetings, screening phone calls, and all other assistant duties. Ideal candidate will be outgoing, intelligent, driven, and have an ability to problem solve in a fast paced environment. Must be L.A. based and have prior experience as an assistant.
Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Los Angeles // Graphic Design Intern
We are looking for a creative, innovative graphic design intern with a passion for Electronic music to join our team, expand their skillset, and continue their passion for art and design. You will be exposed to many different types of media projects and the operations of the music industry. This position offers the opportunity to work with influential people in the EDM community through various artistic outlets on a wide variety of projects.
In this position, you will work with our close-knit creative team in the Electronic Music division. Red Light Management is a great part in the industry and helps set the standard of artistic excellence.
You will have the opportunity to be involved and work with our creative department on a vast array of projects that are constantly expanding your skillset and exposure to the music industry.
This is an unpaid internship position. The right candidate will have some experience with all items listed below and must have their own laptop to work from.
- Interest in learning more about graphic design, illustration, photo and video editing, and apparel design.
- Interest & Knowledge of the EDM industry
- Located in local Los Angeles area, office located in West Hollywood
- Knowledge and experience with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator. Adobe Premiere, After Effects, and any other Adobe Suite programs are a plus ++
- Must be willing to come into our office at least 2 days a week (or to meet specific school qualifications)
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and a strong attention to detail
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment-Strong work ethic
- Able to work independently to complete tasks-Must have proper time management and organizational skills
What’s In It for You:
- Internship Credit – The opportunity to learn and work within the Electronic music industry while enhancing your skills and knowledge as a graphic designer in the professional field.
Job Type: Internship
Required education: High school or equivalent
Required experience: 1 year
Other Requirements: Portfolio showcasing your best works
Los Angeles // Video Production & Motion Graphics Intern
Red Light Management is seeking an ambitious Video Production & Motion Graphics intern to assist our creative team in developing day-to-day content for our extensive roster of artists. This internship will provide valuable insight and experience within the music industry, especially so with in depth analysis of artist branding. Applicants should expect to work a minimum of 3 days per week at our location in West Hollywood.
A desired candidate would have knowledge of the Red Light Management brand, with aspirations of working in electronic music, specifically. Must have exceptional awareness of dance music community, including artists, events, releases, labels, and publications.
The candidate must possess knowledge & proficiency in After Effects & video editing software such as Premiere Pro or Final Cut. Intermediate level experience in Photoshop is preferred. Cinema 4D experience is optional, but is a major plus. Must know how to use a DSLR camera though this internship is based heavily in editing & motion graphics.
Applicants must include a portfolio or link to their current work.
Looking to hire immediately. Must be eligible to receive school credit.