Jobs & Internships
Red Light offers a progressive work environment and opportunities to be part of an industry-leading team. Job and internship listings can be found below. If no openings are listed, you can send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Questions about our internship program can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Executive Assistant (Charlottesville)
As Executive Assistant, the applicant will be involved in day- to-day operations of Red Light Management. This role requires exceptional attention to detail, excellent organizational and analytical skills, and most importantly, the ability to prioritize and multi-task under extreme pressure in a fast-paced environment. A high degree of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism is essential. Seeking someone who is always ”one step ahead” and can handle a full slate of projects and maintain organization at all times. Ideal candidates must demonstrate good common sense and forethought, be reliable, trustworthy, and capable of handling high-stress situations in a calm manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintenance of multiple calendars
- Making travel arrangements
- Scheduling meetings and appointments
- Answering phone calls and taking messages
- Assisting in planning company events, meetings, lunches, parties etc.
- Managing and maintaining files, records and correspondence
- Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks with strict deadlines
- Support with document creation and editing (Power Point)
- Coordinate, supervise, and complete special projects
- Serve as liaison with other departments as directed
- Supervise and execute VIP ticketing for clients, partners, and associates as directed
- Must be competent in problem solving issues related to mobile devices as well as PC and Mac computers and must be proficient in Excel, Powerpoint, Word and Outlook
- Must have strong communications skills both verbal and written and must be able to actively and attentively listen
- Must be able to think through, evaluate and solve problems logically and efficiently
- Must have exceptional organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Must conduct all matters and communications in a professional and courteous manner as a representative of the executive and the company
- Understanding all aspects of the business – music management, real estate, venue operations, investments, restaurants etc
Oversee Charlottesville office internship program
- Interview and hire a diverse set of qualified interns three semesters a year
- Delegate tasks and assign interns to a mentor, matching qualifications with employee needs
- Help interns develop professionally by planning intern seminars and other informational events
- Coordinate orientation events and guide new interns through the initial onboarding process.
- Ensure employees and interns are following all U.S. Department of Labor guidelines for internships.
- Supervise the marketing and booking teams for Starr Hill Presents
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- 3-5 years prior experience in the music industry preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Proficiency in Google calendars, Microsoft Office and Dropbox
- Understanding of basic accounting
- Strong administrative skills
- Highly organized multitasker who works well in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a team player
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational, and interpersonal communication skills are essential
Please submit a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Social Media Manager (Sr.) – Los Angeles office
Red Light Management is one of the largest independent music management companies in the world.
As a Senior Social Media Manager, you will be responsible for producing top-of-class social campaigns for music clients, ranging from overarching strategy to day-to-day execution (copywriting, community management, content creation) across all digital touchpoints (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Spotify, etc.) You will connect digital success to all aspects of a client’s career and drive growth amongst social media platforms, along with helping drive their brand’s communication and experience through digital interaction.
Combine the knowledge of client’s objectives, current online strategies, and the competitive space of social media to deliver effective digital marketing and brand development. Also, foster timeline development and monitor social media progress. You will develop relationships with the various social media companies, such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, to name a few, as well.
In addition to general duties, you will be called on to present forward-thinking marketing ideas for clients mostly in the electronic space, and be able to collaborate and effectively communicate with internal graphic design, photo/video and management teams, as well as be able to clearly present your vision to clients and label partners.
Our ideal candidate will have experience simultaneously managing multiple social campaigns, a fun / collaborative / can-do attitude, a knack for creative copywriting, an eye for design, and a passion for forward thinking social marketing.
This position is full-time and to work based out of the Los Angeles location.
- Lead overall strategy and execution of clients’ social marketing including, but not limited to, social calendar creation, content creation, community management, community growth, creative marketing ideas
- Stay informed about emerging trends and technology and provide updates to internal teams and clients
- Work closely with our design team to create visually appealing and intriguing content (still & motion) for clients
- Provide in-depth reporting / insights / analytics for clients and competitive analysis of campaigns
- Communicate and work closely with artists and teams to ensure seamless execution of social campaigns
- Participate, contribute, and brainstorm in meetings
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times
- Develop and foster relationships with platform representatives
EXPECTATIONS / QUALIFICATIONS
- 4+ years experience managing social marketing for music clients
- Extensive knowledge of all major social channels, including platform specific algorithms, advertising platforms and features
- Ability to juggle 5-10 artist accounts across multiple platforms
- Experience with emerging platforms and features (Tik Tok, Reels, YouTube Shorts, Discord, Twitch, etc.) is preferred.
- Work closely with Junior Social Media Manager to oversee social media development, and foster growth within their roster, as well.
- Working knowledge with; digital advertising & pr.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, able to multitask and meet tight deadlines
- Leadership qualities to help inspire team and taking initiative to get the work done and share ideas to progress the team and artists forward
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with other team members
- Ability to nurture and maintain good relationships with artists
- Passion for outside of the box thinking
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong creative writing skills and ability to match voice
- Exceptional time and project management skills
- Exceptional eye for quality design and understanding of creating and fostering unique visual aesthetics
Internships – Fall 2021
The application for Fall 2021 interns is open from July 9 until July 28
Applicants should have an interest in learning more about the music industry through both hands on experience, as well as experiencing a variety of virtual seminars featuring managers, employees and other music industry professionals. We will focus on management, tour marketing, publicity, digital promotion, graphic design, radio promo, and merchandising.
This internship is for current undergrad students. If you need class credit we’re happy to work with you, but it is not required. Internships are unpaid and weekly hours are flexible.
Experience with Office / Google Docs is a must and some and graphic design knowledge is a plus. Specifically, we are looking for dedicated, hard working, high energy individuals, not afraid to take initiative.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not send resumes.