Jobs & Internships
Red Light offers a progressive work environment and opportunities to be part of an industry-leading team. Job and internship listings can be found below. If no openings are listed, you can send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Questions about our internship program can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tour Marketing Manager (Nashville)
Primary duties include developing, implementing and evaluating marketing and ticketing strategies focused on a variety of audiences with a primary goal of selling tickets and maximizing marketing budgets. Working with managers, agents, ticketing vendors and national and local marketing individuals to build timelines, organize & execute artist specific marketing including but not limited to digital, print, radio, tv and outdoor.
This position is based in Nashville, TN.
• Oversee event marketing budgets
• Establish announce & on sale dates and send weekly calendar updates to all team members
• Communicate with managers, agents, promoters and ticketing personnel
• Direct & oversee the development & implementation of tour creative materials
• Work with digital team for online marketing initiatives, social media & email campaigns as they relate to the tour
• Track local & national media demonstrating value of paid, promotional, and PR tactics for settlements & end of tour sponsor recaps
• Direct and plan promotional projects in sync with PR efforts to maximize exposure for the tour nationally and in local markets.
• Coordinate fulfillment of sponsor requirements as they relate to the tour
• Create marketing & ticketing letters for each tour
• Coordinate presale and on sale timelines and communicate to appropriate parties
• Review holds routinely to ensure availability and to maximize sales potential
CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Previous experience in marketing live entertainment
• Excellent organization & communication skills
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task efficiently
• Solid knowledge of market and media buying, planning, digital marketing & social media marketing
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers, agents, promoters and ticketing vendors as well as local marketing and ticketing teams
• Ability to plan, organize, and oversee the implementation of advertising, promotion, and publicity programs
• Strong knowledge and proficiency in Windows, Microsoft Office and Adobe programs
• Ability to work long, irregular hours as needed
• Ability to work with limited supervision and with multiple individuals in a fast paced environment
Please submit cover letter and resume to marketingRLM@redlightmanagement.com
Director of Marketing and Sponsorships (Charlottesville)
Primary duties include developing, implementing, evaluating and reporting marketing and PR strategies focused on a variety of audiences with a primary goal of selling tickets. Initiate contact with sponsors and potential sponsors to increase revenue for The Sprint Pavilion, The Southern Café & Music Hall, and the Jefferson Theater. Must be passionate about live music and work well in a team environment.
This position is based in Charlottesville, Virginia.
- Plan and oversee all marketing, social media, promotional and publicity campaigns for all SHP shows, Fridays After Five summer music series & assist with marketing co-pros at JPJ Arena.
- Prepare & execute media schedules and promotions for radio, TV, print and online
- Plan and oversee event marketing budgets and annual trade agreements
- Track all spending and promotion for show settlement & sponsor recaps
- Communicate with managers, agents, ticketing and operations personnel
- Write copy for radio, collateral and other media opportunities
- Oversee online marketing initiatives, street team efforts, social media calendars & email campaigns
- Plan and execute all pre and on-site publicity including writing press releases, advancing interviews, facilitating on site interviews, photography & reviewer requests
- Traffic media spots, maintain tear sheets and affidavits & promos demonstrating value of paid, promotional, and PR tactics for settlements & end of season sponsor recaps
- Develop, monitor and fulfill corporate sponsorships for special events, The Southern, Jefferson Theater and Sprint Pavilion
- Liaise with Creative Services on the fulfillment needs for collateral. Graphic Design knowledge a plus!
- Establish personal relationships with key personnel of the media, including newspapers, magazines, television, radio and social influencers
- Oversee on site marketing activities day of event
- Create news releases and feature stories about the facility and special events to be sent to the media
- Coordinate weekly internal meetings and represent the facility at external meetings as deemed necessary
- Monitor media & promotional coverage of shows & venues
- Oversee marketing intern(s)
CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and orally
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement advertising, promotion, and publicity programs
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with local team members, media, agents, managers and patrons
- Have a passion for the local music scene and work well in a team environment
- Strong knowledge and proficiency in Windows, Microsoft Office and Adobe programs
- Ability to project and recognize potential problems and implement corrective action
- Ability to prepare effective reports
- Ability to work long, irregular hours as dictated by programming
Please submit cover letter & resume to: MarketingRLM@RedLightManagement.com
Community & Social Media Manager (Los Angeles/Remote)
Location: Los Angeles Preferred (Will Consider Telecommuting)
The Community & Social Media Manager position requires creativity and forward-thinking marketing ideas. You will produce and coordinate the successful execution of various campaigns across all digital channels, marketing tours, recorded music merchandise and other artist activities. Success in this position requires an artistic eye with excellent copywriting skills and a passion for marketing music. This fast-paced job is fueled by creativity, innovation, ambition, organization and excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Represent the artist on social media by creating and posting daily content on all platforms to promote new music, touring and meet all other promotional needs. Must be a social media native and expert in Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram marketing.
- Provide reporting / insights / analytics for clients and competitive analysis of campaigns as needed.
- Communicate and work closely with artists, managers, labels, agents and promoters to ensure seamless execution of marketing campaigns.
- Maintain artist website news and tour date listings.
- Schedule and announce tour dates as needed across platforms.
- Stay informed about emerging trends and technology and provide updates to internal team and clients.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of all major social channels and features
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, able to multitask and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with other team members
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent copywriting skills and the ability to write in different voices
- Passion for working in music across genres
- Ability to create and edit low level digital content
- Knowledge of digital advertising on the major platforms helpful
- Ability to handle multiple projects and operate effectively in a fast-paced environment
- This is an entry level position.
- Requires attention to detail and accuracy along with the ability to stay self-motivated and deliver on tasks with little supervision.
- Requires the ability to reason and foster decision-making skills while working through day-to-day work solutions
- Experience managing socials in the music space is a plus
- Undergraduate degree strongly preferred; High School Diploma or equivalent required
Digital Strategy Director (Los Angeles)
Management and label team for major music artists is seeking a digital marketing director/manager to join their team. Position is based in Los Angeles but open to tele-commuting. The role will oversee and direct aspects of day-to-day digital management. Responsible for creating and executing digital marketing and promotional plans across all areas of online including social media, portals and distribution partners, artist websites, new technology, third party lifestyle, and e-commerce. Required to set goals and manage campaigns in an effort to optimize reach, engagement, revenue, and brand identity.
– Develop and execute Digital Marketing and Promotion Plans for artist’s releases and tours
– Manage creation, build, edits of online properties and streaming properties (including: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube/Vevo, Instagram, Soundcloud, Snapchat, Vine, Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, Shazam, Pandora, BandsInTown, Songkick, Bandpage, Rovi, Tumblr, email-based campaigns, official website and other sites appropriate to the artist and label)
– Direct and approve creative processes for all internal and external collateral, assets, and builds
– Compile 90-day plans, editorial calendars for content management purposes across online properties
– Manage larger initiatives with key marketing and distribution partners
– Work with artists’ team to manage all digital content (videos, images, audio, gifs)
– Create, edit and schedule content for all social properties
– Oversee social media postings by staff
– Develop daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly strategy and quantifiable targets
– Identify trends and insights within the digital music and social space
– Generate regular (weekly/monthly/quarterly) reports to demonstrate growth across social and web-based channels to rest of team
– Work with outside vendors develop partnership-based campaigns that advance the artist and label brands
– Assess new partners and develop new opportunities
– Brainstorm and manage contests, giveaways, and other digital projects
– Manage email marketing communications for artists throughout projects
– Report on analytics across online properties to artist managers and others as needed; ensure audience development and growth in online engagement
– Manage team members on assets (photo, video, etc) edits/delivery, research, partner outreach, analytics reports, etc.
– Develop and maintain relationships with digital brand partnerships and 3rd party marketing opportunities
– Conceptualize and manage delivery of assets for all content-driven promotions
– Manage, analyze and report on performance of digital initiatives
– Work with our internal teams to clear and schedule content as created by artist or label
– 3-6 years in a digital marketing management role
– Bachelor Degree and or equivalent experience
– Knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, HTML, CSS
– Advanced level artist relations and/or third party distribution experience in a consumer-focused environment
– Existing relationships with labels and/or brands and existing contacts at digital platforms
– Experience with all social media properties listed above (including their backends/analytics) and related applications (i.e. – schedugr.am)
– Experience strategizing and executing digital marketing campaigns, as well as pitching proposals for prospective clients (please be prepared to provide examples of or discuss campaigns you’ve worked on)
– Strong existing relationships with online partners, especially top tier partners
– Experience securing online coverage and features
– Knowledge of social media best practices and how to put together a social media plan, build a fan base, etc.
– Must be tech savvy with deep understanding of current & forthcoming technologies
– Experience with cross-promotional marketing and branding
– Build and manage artist budgets to support online marketing
– Candidates should be creative, innovative, organized, detail-oriented and resourceful. Must be able to prioritize, multi-task, and problem solve in a fast pace environment
Virtual Internships – Summer 2021
The application for Summer 2021 internships is open until March 24. Apply here.
Applicants will be notified of acceptance by April 16.
Red Light Management’s Internship Program is open to qualified and dedicated individuals in the US though our virtual internship program. We are not able to accept interns outside of the US at this time.
Applicants should have an interest in learning more about the music industry through both hands on experience, as well as experiencing a variety of virtual seminars featuring managers, employees and other music industry professionals. We will focus on management, tour marketing, publicity, digital promotion, graphic design, radio promo, and merchandising.
This internship is for current undergrad students. If you need class credit we’re happy to work with you, but it is not required. Internships are unpaid and weekly hours are flexible.
Experience with Office / Google Docs is a must and some and graphic design knowledge is a plus. Specifically, we are looking for dedicated, hard working, high energy individuals, not afraid to take initiative.
Questions? Email email@example.com. Do not send resumes.