Jobs & Internships
Red Light offers a progressive work environment and opportunities to be part of an industry-leading team. Job and internship listings can be found below. If no openings are listed, you can send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application period for Summer 2023 internships is now open. The application period will close on February 21. Questions about our internship program can be sent to email@example.com.
Day To Day Manager (Los Angeles)
Looking for an experienced day to day manager to for an established music roster.
- Must have experience working with high profile artists. Minimum 4+ years in a similar role.
- Must have knowledge of the electronic music scene and experience working on music releases, merchandise campaigns and coordinating/advancing tours and festivals.
- This role requires exceptional attention to detail, excellent organizational and analytical skills, and most importantly, the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Seeking someone who is always ”one step ahead” and can handle a full slate of projects and maintain organization at all times.
Qualified candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills
- You will be exposed to high profile clients, so professionalism is a must
- Must be punctual, proactive, reliable, detail-oriented, organized, self-motivated, and resourceful
- Able to keep track of many ongoing projects with strong attention to detail and excellent follow through
- Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks with strict deadlines
Responsibilities / job functions:
- Assisting with planning and implementation of artist music campaigns, merchandise rollouts, touring, press campaigns, social media etc.
- Touring Marketing – working directly with promoters and marketing teams to help maximize marketing and advertising efforts
- Experience reviewing contracts related to touring, music and content
- A general understanding of Digital distribution platforms (Ingrooves, Distrokid, STEM, YouTube etc.)
- Experience building and operating the backend of Shopify stores
- Knowledge in Photoshop
- Coordination of hiring creatives, sorting agreements and establishing deadlines
- A basic understanding of brand partnership deals
- A basic understanding of website updating (wix, squarespace etc)
- Act as key point of contact for all third parties, filtering information as needed to the artist manager and often acting as a central point for third parties to communicate/exchange information
Salary range: 50-90k and is commensurate with experience
Internships – Summer 2023
The application period for Summer 2023 interns is now open. The application period will close on February 21.
Applicants should have an interest in learning more about the music industry through both hands on experience, as well as experiencing a variety of virtual seminars featuring managers, employees and other music industry professionals. We will focus on management, tour marketing, publicity, digital promotion, graphic design, radio promo, and merchandising.
This internship is for current undergrad students. If you need class credit we’re happy to work with you, but it is not required. Internships are unpaid and weekly hours are flexible.
Experience with Office / Google Docs is a must and some and graphic design knowledge is a plus. Specifically, we are looking for dedicated, hard working, high energy individuals, not afraid to take initiative.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not send resumes.
Electronic Team / Creative Internship (Los Angeles)
(graphic design, video, motion graphics, illustration, photo)
We are looking for a driven creative intern with an interest to work within the electronic music space to join our team. Someone who wants to expand and grow their skill set, to learn about the music industry, and the professional creative space. You will be exposed to many different types of media projects and the operations of the music industry. This position offers the opportunity to work with influential people in the Electronic community through various artistic outlets on a wide variety of projects.
In this position, you will work with our close-knit Creative Services team (based in Los Angeles). Red Light Management is a great part of the industry and helps set the standard of artistic excellence.
You will have the opportunity to be involved and work with our creative department on a vast array of projects that are constantly expanding your skills, knowledge, and exposure to the music industry.
The right candidate will have a strong portfolio, passion for the art and music, great attitude and work ethic, and some experience with all items listed below. Candidates must be based in Los Angeles.
This is an unpaid internship position. Internship can be applied for school credit.
– Can-do attitude, strong work ethic, eagerness to learn, hard-working, and is receptive to feedback.
– Strong foundation of skill and interest in learning more about any of the following (at least 1): graphic design, video, illustration, motion graphics, and/or photo.
– Interest & knowledge of the electronic and music industry
– Knowledge and experience with Adobe Suite is a must in relative programs to field of practice (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, Lightroom, and After Effects. Adobe InDesign, etc a plus ++)
– Must be willing to commit at least 16-20 hours per week (or to meet specific school qualifications)
– Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and strong attention to detail
– Must be able to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
– Must be able to work accordingly on projects with tight deadlines
– Must have proper time management and organizational skills
What’s In It for You:
The opportunity to learn and work within the music industry and an in-house creative studio while enhancing your skills and knowledge as a creative professional.
Job Type: Internship
High school or equivalent
Portfolio showcasing your best works