Jobs & Internships
Red Light offers a progressive work environment and opportunities to be part of an industry-leading team. Job and internship listings can be found below. If no openings are listed, you can send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for Spring 2022 internships will open November 1 and close November 15. Please don’t send resumes in advance. Questions about our internship program can be sent to email@example.com.
Social Media Manager (Los Angeles)
Red Light Management is one of the largest independent music management companies in the world.
You will be responsible for producing best-in-class social media campaigns for music clients, ranging from overarching strategy to day-to-day execution across all digital touchpoints. You will connect digital success to all aspects of a client’s career and drive growth on social media platforms, along with helping drive brand communication and experience through digital interaction.
Understanding client objectives, current best practices, and the competitive space of social media is an essential component in delivering effective campaigns. You should be able to develop successful content timelines and monitor progress against key metrics. You will develop relationships with companies like Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, to name a few.
In addition to general duties, you will be called on to present forward-thinking marketing ideas for clients, primarily in the electronic space. You should be able to collaborate with others and communicate effectively with internal graphic design, photo/video and management teams in addition to being able to clearly present your vision to clients and label partners.
Our ideal candidate will have experience managing multiple social campaigns simultaneously, a fun and collaborative can-do attitude, a knack for creative copywriting, an eye for design, and a passion for forward-thinking social media marketing.
This position is full-time and based out of Los Angeles.
- Lead overall strategy and execution of clients’ social marketing, including, but not limited to, calendar creation, content creation, community management, community growth, and creative marketing ideas
- Stay informed on emerging trends and technology, and provide updates to internal teams and clients
- Work closely with our design team to create visually appealing content (both still & motion) for clients
- Provide in-depth reporting, insights and analytics for clients across campaigns
- Communicate and work closely with artists and management teams to ensure seamless execution of social campaigns
- Participate, contribute, and brainstorm in meetings
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times
- Develop and foster relationships with platform representatives
EXPECTATIONS / QUALIFICATIONS
- 3+ years experience managing social marketing for music clients
- Extensive knowledge of all major social channels, including platform-specific algorithms, advertising platforms and features
- Ability to juggle 5-10 artist accounts across multiple platforms
- Experience with emerging platforms and product features (Tik Tok, Reels, YouTube Shorts, Discord, Twitch, etc.) is preferred.
- Working knowledge of digital advertising and PR
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, able to multitask and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with other team members
- Ability to nurture and maintain good relationships with artists
- Ability to think analytically and use data to inform decisions
- Passion for creative out-of-the box thinking
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong creative writing skills and ability to match artist voice
- Exceptional time management and project management skills
- Exceptional eye for quality design and understanding of how to create and foster a unique visual aesthetic
Assistant / Day to Day Manager (Los Angeles)
Looking for an experienced assistant to report to a manager for an established music roster.
- Must have experience working with high profile artists. Minimum 2+ years in a similar role.
- Must have sound knowledge of the alternative music scene and experience working with labels on music releases and coordinating & advancing tours/shows.
- This role requires exceptional attention to detail, excellent organizational and analytical skills, and most importantly, the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Seeking someone who is always ”one step ahead” and can handle a full slate of projects and maintain organization at all times.
Qualified candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills
- You will be exposed to A-list talent and high profile clients, so professionalism is a must
- Must be punctual, proactive, reliable, detail-oriented, organized, self-motivated, and resourceful
- Able to keep track of many ongoing projects with strong attention to detail and excellent follow through
- Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks with strict deadlines
Responsibilities / job functions:
- Assisting with planning and implantation of artist music campaigns, including global release schedules, promo, social media plans, press, marketing and touring.
- International calendar management across multiple time zones, including promo schedules, travel bookings, sorting visas, accommodations, and itineraries.
- Act as key point of contact for all third parties, filtering information as needed to the artist manager and often acting as a central point for third parties to communicate/exchange information: record labels/publishers/agents/lawyers/business managers etc.
- Efficient daily communication and information flow with artist ensuring confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Coordinating manager and artists daily diary
- Schedule calls, meetings, and conference calls between multiple parties in different time zones
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Familiarity with social media usage, Instagram, twitter, Facebook, Soundcloud, etc
- Strong proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, and Google docs/spreadsheets
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational, and interpersonal communication skills are essential
- Must be willing to travel