Jobs & Internships
Red Light offers a progressive work environment and opportunities to be part of an industry-leading team. Job and internship listings can be found below. If no openings are listed, you can send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for Summer 2022 internships are no longer being accepted. We’ll begin accepting applications for Fall 2022 in June. Questions about our internship program can be sent to email@example.com. Please do not send resumes.
Marketing Coordinator (Charlottesville)
Starr Hill Presents/Red Light Management is seeking an experienced marketing professional to report to the Director of Marketing in its Charlottesville, VA office.
This full-time role will be part of a small, dynamic team promoting concerts across three premiere venues in Charlottesville – the Ting Pavilion, Jefferson Theater and Southern Café and Music Hall. Some duties of this position include graphic design, website maintenance, Customer Relationship Management, compiling and distributing data and reports, processing paperwork, market research, managing ticket lists and other administrative duties.
Seeking someone with excellent organizational and analytical skills, ability to multitask and maintain multiple timelines. Ideal candidate will be willing to learn, be proactive, detail oriented and have a positive and outgoing attitude. Live entertainment experience preferred but not required.
- 2+ years of hands-on digital marketing experience preferred
- Experience managing social media channels
- Strong graphic design skills. Knowledge of Adobe CS (Photoshop + InDesign) required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills as well as good judgment
- Proficiency in Word, Excel/Google Sheets, Dropbox, Google Drive
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management a plus but not required
- Experience with independent project execution
- BA/BS degree strongly preferred
- Passion for live music
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Manage weekly newsletter eblasts and database maintenance in collaboration with the Marketing Director and Box Office Manager.
- Maintain a weekly social media calendar and schedule posts to ensure that fresh and creative media content is shared on a regular basis.
- Graphic design and maintenance of web content, posters, venue signage (digital and print) and other collateral as needed.
- Manage social media advertising for Jefferson and Southern shows.
- Regular maintenance of venue websites.
- Work with the Box Office Manager to create regular ticket sales reports (weekly or bi-weekly) tracking sales patterns and comparisons.
- Assist Marketing Director with invoicing and compiling backup for show settlements.
- Organize and maintain archives of images, copy and reports.
- Ensure that the weekly on sale calendar is up to date along with all ticket links
- Process ticket requests and manage comp lists for will call
- Coordinate volunteer staff and street team for Pavilion events and other select shows
- Assist with the development and launch of new websites
- Work with Marketing Director to develop a marketing intern program.
- Overall support for marketing department.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter
Assistant / Ticketing Associate (Charlottesville / Nashville)
Red Light Management is seeking an experienced assistant to report to the Head of Ticketing in its Charlottesville, VA office. This position may be based in Charlottesville, VA or Nashville, TN.
The duties of this position include scheduling calls and meetings, compiling and distributing data and reports, processing paperwork, market research, data analytics and other administrative duties. This role will also include assisting with ticketing planning and execution for various artists, festivals and venues. Applicant must be organized, able to multitask and maintain multiple timelines. Ideal candidate will be willing to learn, be proactive, detail oriented and have a positive and outgoing attitude. Music industry experience preferred but not required.
Qualified candidates would possess the following traits and strengths:
- Outgoing with excellent organizational, time management and communication skills
- Able to think quickly, maintain a positive attitude and calm demeanor in a fast-paced environment
- Personal initiative, and a proactive, problem-solving mindset
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient with personal organization, social media and communication technologies
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours, including nights and weekends as needed
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and strong math skills required
- Undergraduate degree strongly preferred
- Passion for live music
Digital Strategy Associate (Nashville)
The Digital Strategy Associate position requires creativity and forward-thinking marketing ideas. You will produce and coordinate the successful execution of various campaigns across all digital channels: marketing tours, recorded music, merchandise and other tentpole activations. Success in this position requires an artistic eye with excellent copywriting skills and a passion for marketing music. This fast-paced job is fueled by creativity, innovation, ambition, organization, and excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Represent the artist on social media by creating and posting daily content on all platforms to promote new music, touring and meet all other promotional needs. Must be a social media native and expert in Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and TikTok marketing
- Provide reporting / insights / analytics for clients and competitive analysis of campaigns as needed
- Communicate and work closely with artists, managers, labels, agents, and promoters to ensure seamless execution of marketing campaigns
- Maintain artist website news and tour date listings
- Schedule and announce tour dates as needed across platforms
- Stay informed about emerging trends and technology and provide updates to internal team and clients.
- Create and update social media calendars regularly
- Create and maintain strong relationships with social media partners, as well as DSPs
- Pitch singles and albums to DSPs for promotion, support, and placement on streaming platforms
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of all major social channels and features
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, able to multitask and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with other team members
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent copywriting skills and the ability to write in different voices
- Passion for working in music across genres
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop encouraged
- Knowledge of digital advertising on the major platforms helpful
- Ability to handle multiple projects and operate effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ideally 5+ years of industry experience
- Requires attention to detail and accuracy along with the ability to stay self-motivated and deliver on tasks with little supervision
- Requires the ability to reason and foster decision making skills while working through day-to-day work solutions
- Experience managing socials in the music space
- Undergraduate degree strongly preferred.
ASSISTANT (LOS ANGELES)
Looking for an experienced assistant to report to Senior Manager/Partner for an established music roster. Must have experience working with high profile artists. Minimum 2+ years in a similar role.
Must have experience in music industry. Must have sound knowledge of the electronic music scene and experience working with labels on music releases and coordinating & advancing tours/shows.
This role requires exceptional attention to detail, excellent organizational and analytical skills, and most importantly, the ability to prioritize and multi-task under extreme pressure in a fast-paced environment. A high degree of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism in dealing with manager’s business as well as personal contacts is essential.
Seeking someone who is always ”one step ahead” and can handle a full slate of projects and maintain organization at all times.
Ideal candidates must demonstrate good common sense and forethought, be reliable, trustworthy, and capable of handling high-stress situations in a calm manner.
Qualified candidates should meet the following criteria:
-Excellent time management and multitasking skills
-You will be exposed to A-list talent and high profile clients, so professionalism is a MUST!
-Must be punctual, proactive, reliable, detail-oriented, organized, self-motivated, and resourceful
-Able to keep track of many ongoing projects with strong attention to detail and excellent follow through -Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks with strict deadlines
Responsibilities / job functions:
-Assisting with planning and implantation of artist music campaigns, including global release schedules, promo, social media plans, press, marketing and touring.
-International diary management across multiple time zones, including promo schedules, travel bookings, sorting visas, accommodations, and itineraries.
-Act as key point of contact for all third parties, filtering information as needed to the artist manager and often acting as a central point for third parties to communicate/exchange information: record labels/publishers/agents/lawyers/business managers etc.
-Efficient daily communication and information flow with artist ensuring confidentiality and discretion at all times.
-Coordinating manager and artists daily diary
-Schedule high volumes of calls, meetings, and conference calls between multiple parties in different time zones
-Advance shows and put together travel itineraries – liaise with travel agents and booking agents
-BA/BS degree required
-Must be based in Los Angeles
-Familiarity with social media usage, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Soundcloud, etc.
-Strong proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, and Google docs/spreadsheets
-Excellent written, verbal, organizational, and interpersonal communication skills are essential
-If you meet the requirements and are interested in applying, please email Anya Carr-Klein at firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant / Day to Day Manager (Los Angeles)
Looking for an experienced assistant to report to a manager for an established music roster.
- Must have experience working with high profile artists. Minimum 2+ years in a similar role.
- Must have sound knowledge of the alternative music scene and experience working with labels on music releases and coordinating & advancing tours/shows.
- This role requires exceptional attention to detail, excellent organizational and analytical skills, and most importantly, the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Seeking someone who is always ”one step ahead” and can handle a full slate of projects and maintain organization at all times.
Qualified candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills
- You will be exposed to A-list talent and high profile clients, so professionalism is a must
- Must be punctual, proactive, reliable, detail-oriented, organized, self-motivated, and resourceful
- Able to keep track of many ongoing projects with strong attention to detail and excellent follow through
- Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks with strict deadlines
Responsibilities / job functions:
- Assisting with planning and implantation of artist music campaigns, including global release schedules, promo, social media plans, press, marketing and touring.
- International calendar management across multiple time zones, including promo schedules, travel bookings, sorting visas, accommodations, and itineraries.
- Act as key point of contact for all third parties, filtering information as needed to the artist manager and often acting as a central point for third parties to communicate/exchange information: record labels/publishers/agents/lawyers/business managers etc.
- Efficient daily communication and information flow with artist ensuring confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Coordinating manager and artists daily diary
- Schedule calls, meetings, and conference calls between multiple parties in different time zones
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Familiarity with social media usage, Instagram, twitter, Facebook, Soundcloud, etc
- Strong proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, and Google docs/spreadsheets
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational, and interpersonal communication skills are essential
- Must be willing to travel
Electronic Team / Creative Internship (Los Angeles)
(graphic design, video, motion graphics, illustration, photo)
We are looking for a driven creative intern with an interest to work within the electronic music space to join our team. Someone who wants to expand and grow their skill set, to learn about the music industry, and the professional creative space. You will be exposed to many different types of media projects and the operations of the music industry. This position offers the opportunity to work with influential people in the Electronic community through various artistic outlets on a wide variety of projects.
In this position, you will work with our close-knit Creative Services team (based in Los Angeles). Red Light Management is a great part of the industry and helps set the standard of artistic excellence.
You will have the opportunity to be involved and work with our creative department on a vast array of projects that are constantly expanding your skills, knowledge, and exposure to the music industry.
The right candidate will have a strong portfolio, passion for the art and music, great attitude and work ethic, and some experience with all items listed below. Candidates must be based in Los Angeles and have their own laptop and adobe suite to work from.
This is an unpaid internship position. Internship can be applied for school credit.
– Can-do attitude, strong work ethic, eagerness to learn, hard-working, and is receptive to feedback.
– Strong foundation of skill and interest in learning more about any of the following (at least 1): graphic design, video, illustration, motion graphics, and/or photo.
– Interest & knowledge of the electronic and music industry
– Knowledge and experience with Adobe Suite is a must in relative programs to field of practice (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, Lightroom, and After Effects. Adobe InDesign, etc a plus ++)
– Must be willing to commit at least 16-20 hours per week (or to meet specific school qualifications)
– Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and strong attention to detail
– Must be able to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
– Must be able to work accordingly on projects with tight deadlines
– Must have proper time management and organizational skills
What’s In It for You:
The opportunity to learn and work within the music industry and an in-house creative studio while enhancing your skills and knowledge as a creative professional.
Job Type: Internship
High school or equivalent
Portfolio showcasing your best works