Jobs & Internships
RLM offers a progressive work environment and opportunities to be part of an industry-leading team. We post job postings here from time to time or send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Los Angeles // Full-Time Assistant
Red Light Management is looking to bring on a new full-time assistant to work with a manager with an established roster as well as assisting with select tasks across a larger team of managers and artists.
This position is well suited for someone with a strong passion in music management and is looking for a career with growth potential in the entertainment industry. The role requires exceptional attention to detail, excellent organizational and analytical skills, and most importantly, the ability to prioritize and multi-task under pressure in a fast-paced environment. A high degree of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism in dealing with manager’s business as well as personal contacts is essential. The RLM office is based in Culver City and the position requires commuting Mon – Fri.
LOS ANGELES, CA // Video Content Production Manager & Coordinator
We are seeking an energetic and motivated Video Content and Production Manager to support our video team. The Video Production Manager would be in charge of seeing video projects through from concept development to delivery.
- Report to and work with the video team on day-to-day operations of the video department
- Manage and oversee video pre-production planning, production and editing activities for client
- Deliver high quality product on time and within budget
- Anticipate and respond to needs and requests from clients
- Ensure all projects are on schedule
- Identify best practices for video and evolve daily operations as necessary
- Oversee video collection to ensure all media is archived appropriately and can be readily obtained
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience (must include experience in a video production environment)
- Knowledge of shooting and editing videos
- Demonstrated skill with video editing software platforms, specifically proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Premier, Ableton, Final Cut Pro X
- Excellent organization, planning, and communication skills
- Demonstrated skill with organizational software platforms, MS Office, Frame.io, Dropbox etc.
- A collaborative mindset and ability to work with varying and changing needs
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and potentially holidays as required
LOS ANGELES, CA // SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
As a Social Media Manager, you will be responsible for producing top-of-class social campaigns for music clients, ranging from overarching strategy to day-to-day execution (copywriting, community management, content creation) across all digital touchpoints (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Spotify, etc.)
In addition to general social duties you will be called on to present forward thinking social marketing ideas for clients mostly in the electronic space, and be able to collaborate with internal graphic design, photo/video and management teams as well as be able to clearly present your vision to clients and label partners.
Our ideal candidate will have experience simultaneously managing multiple social campaigns, a fun / collaborative / can-do attitude, a knack for creative copywriting, an eye for design and a passion for forward thinking social marketing.
- Lead overall strategy and execution of clients’ social marketing including, but not limited to, social calendar creation, content creation, community management, community growth, creative marketing ideas
- Work closely with our design team to create visually appealing and intriguing content (still & motion) for clients
- Provide in-depth reporting / insights / analytics for clients and competitive analysis of campaigns
- Communicate and work closely with artists and teams to ensure seamless execution of social campaigns
- Participate, contribute and brainstorm in meetings
- Stay informed about emerging trends and technology and provide updates to internal team and clients
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times
EXPECTATIONS / QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years experience managing social marketing for music clients
- Extensive knowledge of all major social channels, including platform specific algorithms, advertising platforms and features
- Working knowledge with; digital advertising & pr.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, able to multitask and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with other team members
- Passion for outside of the box thinking
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong creative writing skills and ability to match voice
- Exceptional eye for quality design and understanding of creating and fostering unique visual aesthetics
Los Angeles, CA // VIDEO/PHOTO EDITING INTERN
We are looking for a creative, innovative photo/video editor intern with a passion for Electronic music to join our team, expand their skillset, and continue their passion for music and design. You will be exposed to many different types of media projects and the operations of the music industry. This position offers the opportunity to work with influential people in the EDM community through various artistic outlets on a wide variety of projects.
In this position, you will work with our close-knit creative team in the Electronic Music division. Red Light Management is a great part in the industry and helps set the standard of artistic excellence.
You will have the opportunity to be involved and work with our creative department on a vast array of projects that are constantly expanding your skillset and exposure to the music industry.
This is an unpaid internship position but could potentially last longer. The right candidate will have some experience with all items listed below and must have their own laptop to work from.
– Can do attitude and eagerness to learn and be receptive to feedback
– Interest in learning more about motion graphics, photo / video, vfx, graphic design, and the music industry.
– Interest & Knowledge of the EDM/music industry
– Knowledge and experience with Adobe Premiere is a must. Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, and Lightroom. Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, etc a plus ++
– Must be willing to come into our office at least 20 hours per week (or to meet specific school qualifications)
– Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and a strong attention to detail
– Must be able to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment-Strong work ethic
– Must be able to accordingly on projects with tight deadlines
– Must have proper time management and organizational skills
What’s In It for You:
The opportunity to learn and work within the Electronic music industry while enhancing your skills and knowledge as a graphic designer in the professional field.
Job Type: Internship
- High school or equivalent
- 1 year
- Portfolio showcasing your best works
Apply by emailing a resume, cover letter and link to your portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall 2019 Internships in Charlottesville, New York, Nashville, Atlanta, Los Angeles, Seattle, and London
Red Light Management’s Internship Program is open to qualified and dedicated individuals in Charlottesville, New York City, Nashville, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Seattle, and London.
Applicants should have an interest in learning more about the music industry through the hands on experience of working in our management offices. This internship offers learning opportunities in the areas of management, tour marketing, publicity, radio and web promotion, graphic and web design, merchandising and tour promotion.
This internship is for current undergrad students. If you need class credit we’re happy to work with you, but it is not required. Internships are unpaid and weekly hours are flexible.
Experience with Office / Google Docs is a must and some and graphic design knowledge is preferred. Specifically, we are looking for dedicated, hard working, high energy individuals, not afraid to take initiative.
Questions? Email email@example.com. Do not send resumes.