Red Light Management


April 22, 2013

April 22, 2013  —  At every stop along the “The Midwest Rock ‘N Roll Express” tour with STYX, REO Speedwagon and Ted Nugent, which kicked off in Grand Forks, ND last week at the Ralph Engelstad Arena, STYX’s Rock to the Rescue charity organization will be giving away a guitar signed by all three acts as part of a silent raffle.   75% of the proceeds will be donated to a local charity in Boston to help victims of the recent explosions.  The remaining 25% will be given to local charities in the respective tour market.

“Like all Americans, we have watched the events in Boston and wondered what we could we do to help.  We know the fans of all three bands will once again rise with us to help our friends in Boston.  We Are Boston!”  — STYX

“We feel such sadness for those innocent people in Boston who have suffered so much and are still suffering now.  We think of those victims of senseless violence as we sign the guitar which is to be donated on their behalf each night.  In our small way, we do what we do.”  — REO Speedwagon

“The Nugent band and family are surrounded by Americans who care deeply about each other and are dedicated to give all we got in times of need.  We again face a tragedy that we can all help with, and are proud of this charitable heart and soul effort.”  – Ted Nugent

Spearheaded by Tommy Shaw’s daughter, Hannah Shaw, Rock to the Rescue is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, whose mission is to build strong, healthy communities through the support of grassroots organizations across the country.  As of last year, at every STYX tour date Rock to the Rescue partners with a local group to give back through community outreach, fundraising, and volunteer support.

Rock to the Rescue originally started in 2001 as a result of the 9/11 terrorist attacks and is the brainchild of STYX singer/guitarist Tommy Shaw and REO Speedwagon singer/keyboardist/guitarist Kevin Cronin.  The two musicians brought together bands and artists such as Bad Company, Journey, Survivor, Kansas, Lynyrd Skynyrd and many others to be part of “Volunteers For America” concert events in Dallas and Atlanta that ultimately raised over $775,000 for victims of 9/11, as well as the Port Authority police department in New York City.  For more info: and

Check out “The Midwest Rock ‘N Roll Express” tour at any of the following stops:


DATE               CITY                             VENUE                                                CLOSER


Thu 4/18          Grand Forks, ND           Ralph Engelstad Arena                        STYX

Fri 4/19            Minneapolis, MN           Target Center                                        REO Speedwagon

Sat 4/20           Moline, IL                        iWireless Center                                   STYX

Sun 4/21          Toledo, OH                      Huntington Center                               Ted/STYX/REO

Tue 4/23          Springfield, MA             MassMutual Center                              STYX

Wed 4/24         Glens Falls, NY             Glens Falls Civic Center                      REO Speedwagon

Fri 4/26            East Rutherford, NJ      IZOD Center                                         STYX

Sat 4/27           Virginia Beach, VA      Farm Bureau Live @ VA Beach           STYX

Sun 4/28          Roanoke, VA                Roanoke Civic Center                         REO Speedwagon

Wed 5/1           Estero, FL                      Germain Arena                                    REO Speedwagon

Fri 5/3              St. Augustine, FL         St. Augustine Amphitheatre             STYX

Sat 5/4             Tampa, FL                     Live Nation Amphitheatre               REO Speedwagon

Sun 5/5             Atlanta, GA                  Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre       STYX

Tue 5/7            Grand Prairie, TX        Verizon Theatre                                   STYX

Wed 5/8           Tulsa, OK                       BOK Center                                         REO

Fri 5/10            Kansas City, MO          Starlight Theatre                               STYX

Sat 5/11           Lincoln, NE                    Pinewood Bowl Theatre                  REO Speedwagon

Tue 5/14          Grand Rapids, MI         Van Andel Arena                             Ted/REO/STYX

Wed 5/15         Evansville, IN               Ford Center                                       REO Speedwagon

Fri 5/17             Green Bay, WI             Resch Center                                     REO Speedwagon

Sat 5/18           St. Louis, MO               Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre     REO Speedwagon

Sun 5/19          Burgettstown, PA         First Niagara Pavilion                     STYX